Tuscany Jazz and World Music Summer School
Certaldo, Italy, 18–25 August 2009
About this Summer School
This unique event is now in its fifth year. The spectacular setting, the team of outstanding performers and teachers and the varied schedule of activity all add up to an unforgettable experience for everyone who takes part.
- An exceptional roster of British, Italian and American artists/teachers, including Pete Churchill, Alyth McCormack, Clare Foster and Edward Simon
- Intensive study, equivalent to a whole term at a music conservatory - some 6 hours tuition per day, including supervised rehearsals, instrumental classes and one-to-one lessons
- A wealth of opportunities to sing and play: two student concerts, nightly jam sessions and other spontaneous events
- Free admission to all concerts given by members of the faculty and guest artistsa stimulating programme of activities to develop skills and awareness: Jazz Choir, Pulse Training, Samba, Conducting
- A wonderful, atmospheric small-town setting with friendly, convivial people
The Summer School will be focused on the voice, and offers first class coaching by 3 leading International artists renowned for their teaching skills.
Vocalists will cover a wide variety of styles including Jazz, Blues, Celtic, Folk, Gospel Choir and Brazilian music.
The course is also open to instrumentalists and provides a unique opportunity to learn, explore and gain insight into working in several different vocal genres: Jazz, Latin, Celtic Folk and World music.
Disclaimer: Global Music Foundation exists solely to promote understanding of music and the arts. Any personal views which may be expressed by individual tutors or students at GMF events do not necessarily represent those of the Global Music Foundation or its directors.