Tuscany International Jazz Summer School
Certaldo, Italy, 17–24 August 2010
This unique event is now in its sixth year. The spectacular setting, the team of outstanding performers and teachers and the varied schedule of activity all add up to an unforgettable experience for everyone who takes part.
- An exceptional roster of British, Italian and American artists/teachers
- Intensive study, equivalent to a whole term at a music conservatory - some 6 hours tuition per day, including supervised rehearsals and instrumental classes.
- A wealth of opportunities to sing and play: two student concerts, nightly jam sessions and other spontaneous events
- Free admission to all concerts given by members of the faculty and guest artists
- A stimulating programme of activities to develop skills and awareness: Jazz Choir, Pulse Training, Body Work, Conducting and Ear Training
- A wonderful, atmospheric small-town setting with friendly, convivial people
The Summer School is designed for singers and instrumentalists alike. It offers first class coaching by a team leading international artists renowned for their performance and teaching skills.
Vocalists will cover a wide variety of styles including Jazz, Blues, Celtic, Folk, Gospel Choir and Brazilian music.
Instrumentalists will work with their tutors in classes, workshops and ensembles.
Disclaimer: Global Music Foundation exists solely to promote understanding of music and the arts. Any personal views which may be expressed by individual tutors or students at GMF events do not necessarily represent those of the Global Music Foundation or its directors.