Tina May International Vocal Course, Tuscany 2015
Certaldo, Tuscany, Italy, 22–26 May 2015
A fantastic opportunity to study, work and perform with Tina May, nominated for 2 British Jazz Awards 2014 Categories: Best Jazz Vocalist 2014 & Best New CD
“one of the finest jazz vocalists the UK has ever produced.” All Music Guide.
Participants will benefit from:
- Internationally acclaimed artists/teachers
- Intensive study - some 6 hours tuition per day, including group workshops
- Free admission to concerts given by members of the faculty and guest artists
- Vocal Master-Class on
- Interpreting the lyric,
- working in duo with only bass, or only piano and with a full trio with drums
- Presentation in a professional performance setting i.e. announcing the songs, introducing the band, counting in the band and more.
- Tina’s approach to Scat singing
- A wealth of opportunities to sing at nightly jam sessions
- Perform with a rhythm section of world class players
A stimulating programme of activities to develop musicianship skills and awareness: Pulse Training, Breath Control, Tips and Techniques for correct use of the voice
Disclaimer: Global Music Foundation exists solely to promote understanding of music and the arts. Any personal views which may be expressed by individual tutors or students at GMF events do not necessarily represent those of the Global Music Foundation or its directors.