GMF Barcelona ‘19
Barcelona, 31 July–07 August 2019
A dynamic celebration of music, rich in jazz, Latin, blues, and creative music, in a dazzling series of concerts, workshops, and after-hours sessions with world-class artists, and showcasing some of the next generation of stars. All-time great and legendary jazz saxophonist Charles McPherson, Grammy nominated and daring jazz singer and composer Carla Cook, former Jazz Messenger Jean Toussaint, New York piano giant Bruce Barth, choral magician Pete Churchill, multi-instrumentalist Percy Pursglove and illustrious musician/composer Perico Sambeat are some of the artists who will star in the 2019 festivities, along with some of the best Catalan and European artists in the 2019 edition, along with some of the best Catalan and European artists.
The spectaular setting, the team of outstanding artists and teachers, and the varied schedule of activities, all add up to an unforgettable experience for everyone who takes part.
• An exceptional list of internationally acclaimed artists and teachers
• Intensive studies - 5 hours of daily classes, including supervised rehearsals, instrumental and vocal classes, group workshops and ensemble sessions
• Free admission to all concerts offered by faculty members and guest artists included in GMF Barcelona '19 located in the historical and cultural heart of Barcelona, in the iconic Jamboree Jazz Club.
• Flamenco Shows course participants can experience the passion of Flamenco dance, music and song every night at Tarantos Tablao Flamenco
• A stimulating program of activities to develop musical skills and concentration: choir, samba, pulse training, ear training, coordination and movement
• Martial Arts training under the guidance of world renowned masters
Disclaimer: Global Music Foundation exists solely to promote understanding of music and the arts. Any personal views which may be expressed by individual tutors or students at GMF events do not necessarily represent those of the Global Music Foundation or its directors.