GMF Barcelona ‘18
Barcelona, 01–08 August 2018
A dynamic celebration of music, rich in jazz, Latin, blues, flamenco and creative music, in a dazzling series of concerts, workshops and "after hours" sessions with world-class artists that showcases some of the next generation of stars . This exceptional meeting features legendary trumpet player Eddie Henderson, New York piano giant Bruce Barth, Jazz Diva and twice Grammy nominee Rene Marie, multi-award winning saxophone star Perico Sambeat, and the Italian master percussionist Francesco Petreni, plus some of the best artists fron the Iberian Peninsula, Europe, and many more musical delights from around the world.
The spectaular setting, the team of outstanding artists and teachers, and the varied schedule of activities, all add up to an unforgettable experience for everyone who takes part.
• An exceptional list of internationally acclaimed artists and teachers
• Intensive studies - 5 hours of daily classes, including supervised rehearsals, instrumental and vocal classes, group workshops and ensemble sessions
• Free admission to all concerts offered by faculty members and guest artists
• A stimulating program of activities to develop musical skills and concentration: choir, samba, pulse training, ear training, coordination and movement
* Introduction to Flamenco for all musicians
• Located in the historical and cultural heart of Barcelona, in the iconic Jamboree Jazz Club.
Disclaimer: Global Music Foundation exists solely to promote understanding of music and the arts. Any personal views which may be expressed by individual tutors or students at GMF events do not necessarily represent those of the Global Music Foundation or its directors.